I have a disease and need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today I stopped at a LFS thats slightly not-local (its about 25 minutes away).. I havent been to this specific LFS in a few years.

Well, I went in today and some young (and quite handsome btw) 20 something clerk starts following me around asking me questions about my setup, suggestions etc. He lead me over to the tank set ups. I casted my eye on a 38 gallon tall with a oak canopy and oak stand. The canopy was $50, the stand was $85, and the tank was $75. I WANT IT!!!!

Problem is, I just got my 29g the way I like it, and its relatively new to me (I bought it Jan 17th 2010). Is this the "MTS" everybody talks about?! The disease among aquarist? :D :D

The big question is: Do I buy the 38g and put it downstairs? Or do I put it upstairs, and sell the 29g setup on craigslist? Am I the only one with this problem? lol.

Buy the 38g and send the 29g to me!

I've gone 3g -> 10g -> 20L -> 29g -> 5g & 29g -> 5g, 20L, 29g -> ???

I've got three tanks now, one huge one waiting for a place to be set up, and plans for a couple more. There's always one more fish I want that I don't have room for.

It is in fact MTS.
There is a prescription for MTS.. It's called, Stay away from LFS... Haha!
You just gotta know when to say "enough"... I had 4 tanks running before I told myself that Enough was Enough.. Now I'm back down to 2.

Very true... But lately, she's been the one talking about adding more fish.. "Just add Fish" she says.. Don't worry about what goes with what, or overcrowding.. haha!

and when bigjim gets that 29g you send him, he's going to send me his monster 10' tank :)

Fat chance. When my wife and I are looking at houses, finding a place for that big tank is a major consideration.

or be married

Maybe in some cases. My wife is the driving force behind needing more tanks. She wants more room for more pretty bettas and guppies and whatever other fish she happens to like when we go to the LFS.

Do you really have a 10 foot tank??? :O

I do. It needs to be shortened into the 9' range due to a crack, but it was free and I couldn't pass it up. It's disassembled and stored in my grandmother's garage because I don't have a place for it in my apartment and I don't know if I could physically get it up to the apartment (third floor) without a crane, even in pieces.

AWESOME!!! I would love a tank like that! But I don't know where I would put it LOL. I would have to build a house around the tank. ;)

It's become a major consideration when my wife and I look at houses. Our priorities go something like this:

- Will our bedroom set fit in one of the bedrooms?
- What does the garage look like?
- Does it have a basement?
- Is there somewhere to set up the big tank without totally needing to rebuild the house?

I thought getting married might help curb some of my hobbies, but I get way too much encouragement for my own good.

Wait wait wait wait... by 10 foot tank... what exactly do you mean? Just 10 feet long? Is it like around 300-500 ish gallons? Or do you mean it's a freaking 10 foot x 10 foot x 10 foot monster tank? Cause that'd be cool.. :rocol:

I was a little disappointed with how bare that 50,000g tank is. If you're really going to go all out like that, at least finish it off properly. There are several huge tank threads on MFK that are really interesting. I couldn't imagine needing six people, a wet suit, and fish tranquilizer to move one fish.

Wait wait wait wait... by 10 foot tank... what exactly do you mean? Just 10 feet long? Is it like around 300-500 ish gallons? Or do you mean it's a freaking 10 foot x 10 foot x 10 foot monster tank? Cause that'd be cool.. :rocol:

I think it's 10'x2'x2'. I think it'll be in the 300g range after it's repaired. I wish it was a 10' cube. I'd definitely be giving those cute little 3" RTCs at the LFS a home.

Back
Top Bottom