I just got some angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you know what to look for in a angelfish then you can find the sex out in them, depending on the shape of their bodies and heads is how you can tell. After buying mine thinking they were a girl they both laid eggs which told me they were both girls

Erin Sarah said:
If you know what to look for in a angelfish then you can find the sex out in them, depending on the shape of their bodies and heads is how you can tell. After buying mine thinking they were a girl they both laid eggs which told me they were both girls

Laying the eggs, I get that! But their shape/heads is not a reliable way to sex angels. Even professional breeders well tell you that

Erin Sarah said:
I have had two anglefish in my tank now for a while and they seem happy with just two of them, they are both girls and they just swim around together and sleep together. I love anglefish and mine don't seem to get sick at all if anything their fins split every now and then but that is easy to cure

Wow they are beautiful but how do you cure the fin splits because mine have them right now and I want to treat it

smomus said:
Laying the eggs, I get that! But their shape/heads is not a reliable way to sex angels. Even professional breeders well tell you that

I understand they are hard to sex but once they have started laying eggs they are a girl

bbhariz said:
Wow they are beautiful but how do you cure the fin splits because mine have them right now and I want to treat it

I use a natural based cure called pimafix. I will show u a photo. I think this works the best with then and there is no chemical in it all natural

Attachments

• image-3605122763.jpg
    image-3605122763.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 46
Alright how many angelfish can I add in my 75 gallon tank I have 3 angelfish already 1 pleco one redtail shark and I blue gourami

How big are your angels now. If they are still young you could get 2 or 3 more in hopes of getting 2 to pair up. But you would have to trade in/sell/rehome a few of them down the road. You may be able to keep 4 of them in a 75 but don't quote me on that. 2 or 3 sounds more logical than 4 unless you get 2 to pair up. If that happens you would prob want to get rid of all of them except for your pair. Maybe someone else with more experience will chime in and help you out alil more

Back
Top Bottom