I need a centerpeice fish!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellaj31598

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi ppl's i will be setting up a 65gallon tank soon :) yay! it is going to be my dream tank, i am so excited to get it started! it will be heavily planted, but it will have an open swimming area in the front. it will also have lots of hiding places (cave, mangrove roots ornament, hollow log ornament). it will house 1 red tailed shark, 1 leopard pleco, 3 yo yo loaches, and 5 dwarf neon rainbow fish... maybe more. but i need a cool centerpiece fish! like one that gets about 6" but it has to be peaceful and not eat/bully my other fish. i am thinking about a German blue ram... but i need some help deciding, i only want one centerpiece fish and i want a colorful one! :) NO ANGELFISH... i don't know, i just don't care for them :/ thank you guys ahead of time for helping to shape my dream aquarium :D

GBR's get a couple of inches long. Nowhere near 6", sorry to inform ya... If you really want something that large and colorful, I would say maybe a Severum, or one of the more peaceful south american cichlids, or possibly a large Gourami?

I wouldn't necessarily call them "peaceful", but with those fish a 3 spot gourami (blue or gold) would fit in nicely.

I would say some for of gourami would fit in nice among those fish. I think a gold gourami would be my first choice.

Pearl Gouramis are gorgeous and have a better temperament than Golds and 3-spots tend to have. You could keep a pair or trio IMO.

GBRs are awesome as well. You could probably have them as well, if you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom