I need advice please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lamby

Aquarium Advice FINatic
o im keen on a sump or refug and protein skimmer but have no idea how to set any up and what would be the best for my 150ltr tank iv read around and it all seem to be a tad overwelming could some one give me a run down on each of them a quick how to set up and benifits PLEASE HELP im lost

Protein skimmers don't work in freshwater.

If you are asking for a saltwater setup then maybe a mod will move this thread to the proper forum so you can get a good answer. You will have to supply some more info though, like tank size and stock and your plans for it in the future.

alright thanks for that so how would i go about setting up a sump then as il be headin to my lfs today to pick up some stuff

Again, it depends on if its for salt or fresh.
Do you want a refugium? What kind of flow do you want through it? Are you going to build it yourself? There are many things you need to research before you start buying parts.

well not a realy big one tanks only 600mm long and only to clear up the water more already have a hob filter but dosnt do the job good enought and im realy keen on putting shrimp and plants in it

freshwater tanks at the moment salt is a lil over my head

On a tank that size for freshwater I would personally suggest that you just go with a canister filter. Unless you plan to way overstock the tank and need the extra water volume.

well its got a few decent fish and will be getting over stocked for a month or 2 befor i move houses

so what i was told is all i need is a power head and some sort of plant and the mud stuff and a light is this all

Back
Top Bottom