I need betta basics, help me out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooooh khuli loaches are a great idea! What kind of substrate do you have?

Sent from my iPhone

I have a very small pebble/gravel substrate. Not sure if this is good enough for loaches. I do have botia loaches in my 125g, LOVE them, so funny to watch, that is when they come out of the log they live in. lol

I am going to cycle the tank old school, add some ammonia and go from there. If it takes too long I will add some filter media from the fx 5 on the 125. Its just such a PAIN to get that filter open to get some pad out for the betta tank, I am gonna be uber lazy. lol

So, what else do you guys think would be a good addition to a tankful of female bettas? Would it be advisable to get a single male betta? There are some truly stunning males out there from when I have looked the past week or two. Or is one male to like 10 females a bad idea? lol

Let me know what you all think.

I love you guys that are taking the time out to school me on bettas, I feel so lost on this subject. :)

I have a very small pebble/gravel substrate. Not sure if this is good enough for loaches. I do have botia loaches in my 125g, LOVE them, so funny to watch, that is when they come out of the log they live in. lol

I am going to cycle the tank old school, add some ammonia and go from there. If it takes too long I will add some filter media from the fx 5 on the 125. Its just such a PAIN to get that filter open to get some pad out for the betta tank, I am gonna be uber lazy. lol

So, what else do you guys think would be a good addition to a tankful of female bettas? Would it be advisable to get a single male betta? There are some truly stunning males out there from when I have looked the past week or two. Or is one male to like 10 females a bad idea? lol

Let me know what you all think.

I love you guys that are taking the time out to school me on bettas, I feel so lost on this subject. :)

No males. That adds a whole different dynamic to the tank and they can do a lot of damage to each other.

As for kuhlis, I have kept them on gravel without any issues. BUT, you need to prop up décor so they can get under it or have some pretty petite tunnels and such for them to fully conceal themselves without trouble. They prefer tunnels small enough that no other fish can fit.

I meant just one single male betta and the rest female? Is that still bad? lol

I will have to take a look at my fresh water lfs and see what these kuhli;s look like. lol

Back
Top Bottom