I Need Help With my Cories!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cories4Life

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I Just rescued a Julii Cory Cat from Petsmart it was the last one in the tank was freaking out and stressed. They said they weren't getting more for a couple weeks so i had to take it. It's also missing its whiskers completely, it made me so sad when i saw that.I have 2 completely cycled tanks both have sand substrates and plenty of hiding holes, a 20 gallon long containing 9 Orange Von Rio Tetras kept at 77 F and a ph of 6.8 and a 30 gallon tank containing 13 Harlequin Rasboras and 7 Peppered Cory Catfish kept at 78 F and a ph of 6.7. Each is planted and decorated well and all inhabitants have been happy and healthy no losses in quite a while. I don't know which tank to put the rescued Julii Cory Catfish in? Should I put him in the 29 gallon with the Peppers in the 30 gallon or should i put him by himself in the 20 long until probably next week when i get payed at which point I will have enough money to get him company.
What should i Do?

Quarantine any new fish till you know he is not sick and infest your other tanks . cories like company so maybe with the other cories?

Hello I Just rescued a Julii Cory Cat from Petsmart it was the last one in the tank was freaking out and stressed. They said they weren't getting more for a couple weeks so i had to take it. It's also missing its whiskers completely, it made me so sad when i saw that.I have 2 completely cycled tanks both have sand substrates and plenty of hiding holes, a 20 gallon long containing 9 Orange Von Rio Tetras kept at 77 F and a ph of 6.8 and a 30 gallon tank containing 13 Harlequin Rasboras and 7 Peppered Cory Catfish kept at 78 F and a ph of 6.7. Each is planted and decorated well and all inhabitants have been happy and healthy no losses in quite a while. I don't know which tank to put the rescued Julii Cory Catfish in? Should I put him in the 29 gallon with the Peppers in the 30 gallon or should i put him by himself in the 20 long until probably next week when i get payed at which point I will have enough money to get him company.
What should i Do?

Welcome to AA!

I don't have cories, but others say that although they may not school tightly, especially not between species, they would definitely prefer each other's company, so I think you should put him in the 29 with the peppers.

BTW, to answer your second question, I don't really think there is a real category for this, but if there is a mod will move it there, so no problem (y)

:welcome:

ok thanks he has been in my 20 gallon quarantine tank with 1 peppered for about 2 days i have had work the last 2 days and just now had the time to post this so thanks for the response they seem to be doing well and they will be staying in the quarantine for about a month or 5-6 weeks thank you for the response

While cory's prefer to shoal (not school) with their own species they will in fact socialize and shoal with other cory species.

Also the missing barbels are due to poor water quality issues. In time with good water conditions they will grow back.

Hello Cories...

Corydoras need two things: Lots of room and pure water conditions. Even alone, they'll be fine if they can forage in a large area and have unlimited amounts of pure water. I keep my Corys in larger tanks, with a lot of plants and change out their water frequently.

If you can keep the water pure, you'll cover 99 percent of the needs of your fish.

B

There is always a possibility that tiger barbs will/can harass any other fish. In smaller tanks the likely hood of aggression towards other species can greatly increase.

Back
Top Bottom