I think its settled...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtanee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I last posted about my tank being in disarray due to taking in rogue fish that other people didnt want.
I think i have figured out what direction i want to go finally. Looking for suggestions if anyone thinks i should do some tweaks.

55 Gallon 210 GPH submersible filter with a large corner filter on the other side of the tank
I have 6 bronze corys and 2 ottos
i also have one seven year old cardinal tetra.
I would like to do a blackwater tank with manzanita some slate rock and amazon swords.
Heres the additions i would like to make:
more cardinals, but im not sure how many to get
more ottos, again not sure how many
i wouldnt mind adding more corydoras
And a pair of altum angels. by curiosity here is that im not sure if i should add more than the pair? im hearing people putting 5 of these bad boys in a 55 but that sounds fairky cramped. im not sure if they would prefer to be in pair or groups. im reading stuff that says both?

I would personally go with a single mated pair of angels. All of the other fish would work well in there too.

What I would do for stocking:

10 cory cats
10 Oto Cats
15 cardinal tetras
2 Angels

That would put you slightly overstocked but it would be a nice grouping of fish.

I agree fully with mebbid. That stock would be perfect.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys! That sounds like a great setup! I'm stoked to get it started

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dabbled in blackwater for a bit.. it's pretty cool.. are you going to use extracts? Almond leaves?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was actually going to use almond leaves and leave the "debris" on the bottom after I was done straining it.

That's what I used, one good size leaf stained a 10 gal very nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the tip! I was trying to find a ratio

Back
Top Bottom