idea for the fish to go in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lily8808

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i dunno if theres too many fish or if some wont go in with others but yeh its for the 40 gal 150L tank and i do plan to get a bigger tank all these fish will be brought as small as i can.. when i move out ill aim to get a 8 foot tank i think its like a 90 gal? something like that :D so by the time they are grown they will have a bigger tank :D

2 Blue rams
4 Cherry barbs
4 Moss green Barbs
1 Panda cory
1 sterbai cory
2 Hikari Danio
2 Zebra danio
1 Marbled hatched
1 Black winged hatchet
2 Kuhli loach
2 Java loach
1 Hillstream loach
1 Pleco
1 Black ghost knifefish
2 Congo tetra
2 Cardinal tetra
2 Diamond tetra
2 Cochu Blue tetra

Way too many. Plus you need to plan for the tank you have, not the one you hope to have. Most of the fish on your list (barbs, hatchets, corys, tetras, most loaches) are schooling fish and are way happier in schools of six or more each.

Mixing 2 pairs of 3 varieties of tetras doesn't count as a school.

Your fish will be way happier if you start with a few schools (six or more of the exact same variety).

Also, if you do get a pleco, find a variety like the bristlenose, that won't outgrow the tank. Yes, a common pleco will outrow a 70 or 80 gallon.

ok so im better off with something like this Tank 1

2 Blue rams
6 Cherry barbs
6 Panda cory
6 Zebra danio
6 Kuhli loach
1 Pleco bristle nose
1 Black ghost knifefish
6 Diamond tetra

or less again?

that site is amazing! i didnt know there was anything like it :D! i worked it all out (took a few hours) :p but i have my list i thinks ill talk to the fishie shop and see what he can get in for me.. and im not 100% sure i like the pacific blue eyes yet ill have to see them in person

like?

Attachments

• AquStockImage.php.png
    AquStockImage.php.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom