Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2003, 04:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Electrobes
Ideas for a 37 gallon

Well I finally got verything almost ready for the 37 gallon. I am going to fix my varnished hood tomorrow to make the fit on the 37G, I will set up my canister filter tomorrow also, and sell the two monster Jack Dempsey's either tomorrow or the day after.

My question for you all is what tank would be good to set up? I realize the actual tank is pretty tall. I will have two 65 watt Power compacts for lights, a DIY canister filter with a Rio 1400 water pump pushing flow from only about 3 feet below the top of the tank (maybe higher), and CO2 can be made easily, it only depends whether I will need it or not (like for a pure rock cichlid tank for instance). Please don't limit your posts to just lots of fish, I also like loner fish too... I was considering getting one small Oscar to raise, or maybe someone even meaner! Thanks everyone!

Old 06-28-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh yeah.. I preferably like something not THAT shy... its one of the reasons why I have to sell the fish that were given to me.. If I even flinch they go crazy and hide... it would have been awesome if there were the opposite... one is about 7-8 inches long while the other is about 5-6 inches long.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh yeah! If you know of any fishes that do not destroy plants or dig them up taht would be great! thanks!
Old 06-28-2003, 07:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

whoa I think I made a boo boo, well my friend did. When I bought this tank from his neigbor, my friend told me it was 37 gallons. But I just measured it and according to one website... its 45 gallons??? when you measure a tank.. do you measure it from the very bottom to all the way to the top, or the insides of the borders? thanks!
Old 06-28-2003, 09:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

please ignore this thread.. I hit a spark of genius which solved my probs

Tags
37 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com