Ideas for a 37 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I finally got verything almost ready for the 37 gallon. I am going to fix my varnished hood tomorrow to make the fit on the 37G, I will set up my canister filter tomorrow also, and sell the two monster Jack Dempsey's either tomorrow or the day after.

My question for you all is what tank would be good to set up? I realize the actual tank is pretty tall. I will have two 65 watt Power compacts for lights, a DIY canister filter with a Rio 1400 water pump pushing flow from only about 3 feet below the top of the tank (maybe higher), and CO2 can be made easily, it only depends whether I will need it or not (like for a pure rock cichlid tank for instance). Please don't limit your posts to just lots of fish, I also like loner fish too... I was considering getting one small Oscar to raise, or maybe someone even meaner! Thanks everyone!

Oh yeah.. I preferably like something not THAT shy... its one of the reasons why I have to sell the fish that were given to me.. If I even flinch they go crazy and hide... it would have been awesome if there were the opposite... one is about 7-8 inches long while the other is about 5-6 inches long. :roll:

Oh yeah! If you know of any fishes that do not destroy plants or dig them up taht would be great! thanks!

whoa I think I made a boo boo, well my friend did. When I bought this tank from his neigbor, my friend told me it was 37 gallons. But I just measured it and according to one website... its 45 gallons??? when you measure a tank.. do you measure it from the very bottom to all the way to the top, or the insides of the borders? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom