Ideas for a Clown Loach Tank... [doing my research before I get everything around]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shugo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I apologize in advanced if this intro is too long but I wish to be COMPLETELY thorough with my introduction with my ideas and desires...

I currently have a 65 Breeder with 1 maybe 2 Assassin Snails (1 is supposed to be in the breeding tank i'm setting up but I think I may have accidently squished one when moving my Driftwood but if not then i'll move the one back in.... sad story but we all make mistakes), 2 Bosami Rainbow, 10 Bloodfin Tetra, 2 Blue Rainbow, 2 Clown Pleco, 2 Clown Loach (used to have 4 but 2 died off from some kind of worm... I forgot what breed my LFS said it was), 1 female German Blue Ram Cichlid, 3 Chinese Gold Algae Eater, 6 Lemon Tetra, 1 female Opaline Gourami, 2 Platty (thank God the two I pulled out of my mother's husband's tank, with permission of course, were both female otherwise I'd surely have their issue), 6 Serpae Tetra, 2 Yellow Rainbow.
As far as Live Plants go I have Anubias Afzelii, Anubias Coffeefolia, some kind of Hygro, Ludwigia Repens, Green Foxtail, Hornwort, and Red Foxtail. All my fish seem to absolutely ADORE the Hornwort (it's a type of seaweed) and I have come to the conclusion I need to spend out some more money for a higher powered Light System for my Red Foxtail as I have the green and red bunched together but the Red is dying..... so I may have to pull it out and trash it and buy more at a later time.

NOW FOR MY BRILLIANT IDEAS:

I wish to buy a 150 gallon fish tank as I can afford it and get everything around for it. I want to make my Clown Loaches VERY happy by making it pretty much only with things found in their Natural Environment. I am even going as far as going to buy a small Bamboo Plant soon and start growing it but training it's leaves so it'll be tall enough to put in the back, center of the 150 Gallon tank and keep it's leaves out of the water (so pretty much sticking out of the back of the entire tank). I know a company that will cut special pieces of glass at certain size(s) so I won't have to worry about fish jumping out of a huge chunk of glass missing. I am also going to set the filter system up so it sucks water to the bottom from one end and pushes it through the other side so it creates a river system throughout the massive 6 foot tank since Clowns are known for Rivers (though I should probably do the same for my Tetra Tank which is what my current tank will become). I know that Pleco are bad for plants (newly learned lesson as live plants are new to me) so I am thinking about getting Chinese Gold Algae Eaters and Otocinclus Catfish for "Algae Control", and get a couple Assassin Snails to help the Loaches with "Snail Control" until my Clowns get larger (as I'm sure they will eat the Assassins as well as the other snails).

I am going to be setting up a CO2 system for my 65 gallon tank and I will be getting one for the new tank too but I want to move my Clown Loaches and Rainbows into the new tank, and since I was asked by my LFS to start breeding Pentazona Barbs [I've become quite popular with the company and they know I'll do almost anything to help them out] so I was also thinking about taking some of the fry and putting them into the new tank as well [when they're big enough of course] and getting a few Pearl Gourami as well for the new tank.

Does anyone have any Ideas for fish, plants, and decal? I want everything to be pretty much natural for the Loaches.... I like fish with a lot of colour (Clown Loaches, Tetra, and Iridescent Shark are my absolute favorites though the Shark and Tetra will not be in this tank..... and I probably won't ever get the iridescent shark due to them getting so large and tend to eat all other fish in site). I do know that my "Loach Tank" will be VERY expensive but I am not worried about money as long as my fish are happy. [THIS DOES NOT MEAN I'M RICH!!!] I will simply use plants to create more of the same species as much as possible...

Sorry again this is so long; but everyone's help/advice is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you ever-so-much my Fellow Fish Lovers.

Back
Top Bottom