Identify white particles with a video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I appreciate everyone's help and advice. I'm trying to let my 20 gallon "sort itself out". But I'm so afraid the white particles are bad. Has anyone seen this?

If its a cloudy milky coloration to your water take a look at this link

Cloudy Water - Fish Lady

A bacterial bloom will keep going until it wears itself out. Water changes wont really touch these.

If the particles are noticable in size it could be microbubbles, but i''ve never seen a microbubble problem outside of a saltwater aquarium. Assuming this is the problem, it could mean you have a leak in your filtration spitting out bubbles. Or that you have a bubble maker feeding into the intake of a filter (you can usually hear this)

I've also never heard of a cloudy water problem in a clean tank causing any harm to fish.

Thank you SOOO much!!! It's the bubble curtain! It's too long! I had a bubble wall, but it only spit bubbles in one spot, so I replaced with a curtain. I could hear the bubbles going into the free, but didn't realize it would hurt anything. I'm replacing today with a smaller one. Will the particles go away after the filter stops getting bubbles "fed" to it? Will my filter be okay? Or does it have to be replaced now?

Everything should be fine. The only time you have to worry about changing your filter is when it either stops spitting out water or continually makes loud grinding noises despite being free of debris. Yes the cloudiness will also go away on its own.

Back
Top Bottom