Im confused please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a gold severum and it's top and bottom fins are starting to turn black. Is this normal? I've only kept green severs b4 and never noticed this color change before.

According to the strip and liquid testers I have the parameters are all normal

Strips are not very accurate. As long as your liquid tests are reading 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, & less than 20 nitrates, water quality issues can be ruled out (they can cause color changes-orange to black due to ammonia burns). Hopefully, someone else has experience with a severum changing colors and can offer a better explanation about what is going on!

Yeah the liquid is saying my levels are all normal thanks for trying to help

iv seen a gold severum with darkish markings on fins and was healthy, but it may be serious. any other symptoms that can point to disease? x

Yeah the liquid is saying my levels are all normal thanks for trying to help

The liquid test will give you numbers rather than a reading of "normal" or the like. What are your numbers?

Any other fish exhibiting "off" symptoms?

The ammonia reads 0, the nitrites read 0 and the nitrates read 15 he isn't showing any signs of being sick the only wired thing he does is that he likes hanging around the top plastic part if the heater that's the only thing that seems "abnormal"

maybe it needs more of a circulation and enjoys the current, or if it is staying in a dead zone (no current) it prefers that... the black could be a sign of stress maybe?

Back
Top Bottom