In coming future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitin1986

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have read about the fish less aquarium. I will do it for one month.. I wanted to use some soil substrate below the marble gravel which is presently used. Grow some grass in the bottom as well the two plants which are presently in the 5 gallon tank. Let's everything settle down I will monitor am the mineral levels and once I understand and analyze the pattern of the cycle , I will invest on the live bearers.. this time I wanted to get the smallest fishes in a community.. I mean whole school (5 pairs). I picked few things seachem prime500 conditioner, API multi test kit, aqua heater in build thermometer, bio wheel power filter..
Any suggestions for a 5 gallon tank to be required..

Guppies are the smallest live bearer that I know about. You need 2-3 females per male. A 5g is pretty small, my 20g is a guppy tank and I've got a lot of them, so be prepared to rehome extra fry. The females drop fry about once a month, and the most that one of my females dropped at one time was 26.

I wouldn't put guppies in a 5g, they're too active for that size tank.

Back
Top Bottom