Interactive fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want a goldfish , and I spend a lot of time with my fish and cleaning their tanks and making sure they're healthy , and everything I read says that ONE goldfish can be in a 29 gallon .

im not saying it can't be done, but eventually you will see how big the goldfish gets and will not be happy with that small amount of swimming space. full grown goldfish shouldn't even be in a 55 gallon

I want a goldfish , and I spend a lot of time with my fish and cleaning their tanks and making sure they're healthy , and everything I read says that ONE goldfish can be in a 29 gallon .

Short term with large, frequent water changes it's possible. Long term, however, a 12+ inch fish of any species would be unhappy in a 29g.

If you are unsure of how big these guys can grow, check out the 'sticky' at the top of the Coldwater fish section 'Why Fancy Goldfish Require Big Tanks visual perspective' thread. There are pics of moors and ryukins comparing your typical lfs fancy to a growing adult.

What about a red devil cichlid ? Petsmart says they need 20+ gallons but they aren't always right soo......

yupp i have a red devil in a 55 and i feel bad I've been searching craigslist for a 6 footer. its a rescue, the guy was going to kill it

Dont really need a 6' i think a 75 would work minimum and it would be fine. One if my fav dimension tanks are the 120g 4'x2'x2'

I'll convince my mom to let me get a 55 gallon so than I can have an Oscar , but I might have to wait awhile :(

if you buy it as a baby, it can for a couple years. full grown they are 14 inches and would not be able to turn around in a 55

Oh , everything I've read said that they're very picky and I can't order fish , but I kinda want a 29 gallon now because I can have the fish that I actually want , what fish do you think is best for a 29 gallon a :

Blood red parrot cichlid

Flower horn

Ryukin goldfish and black moor goldfish

1 ryukin goldfish

1 black moor Goldfish

Rainbow shark

Agreed..none of those would really work.. a blood parrot could possibly..but I wouldn't recommend it. The goldfish are probably a worse idea than a BP. Are you just looking for 1 fish for your 29 then?

Agreed..none of those would really work.. a blood parrot could possibly..but I wouldn't recommend it. The goldfish are probably a worse idea than a BP. Are you just looking for 1 fish for your 29 then?

Well I don't have the tank yet , I'm trying to get a 55 gallon because I really want an Oscar

Back
Top Bottom