Is it ok if I slightly over stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krayzie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon tank. On aqadvisor I over stocked to about 110% but my filter is around 150%. Will I be fine?

Honestly I think if you stay on top of water changes I think you will be fine. Tetras are pretty small. And I would fix the male to female ratio on the platys maybe take back a male and get another female. I dont know much about kuhli loaches (I have yoyo loaches though) but maybe someone else can help you with adding the 5. My tank is pretty decently stocked (I am banning myself from all petshops haha) hard when one is basically next door to my house :/ but as long as I keep up on water changes I am okay. Plus I have a lot of plants. Sorry so long! :)

Get two more tetras they need to be in schools of 6 or more, preferably 8 but i don't think you have the space for that many. If under 6 they will get very stressed and neon tetras are delicate fish. I don't think you should get the loaches because you already have a lot of fish. I would never overstock a tank because maintenance will become very difficult for you. Instead I think you should make your tetra school a little bigger and fix the male to female ratio of the platies. Bring back a male and get a female or they'll start being a problem.

Is it a 20 long or a 20 high?

Back
Top Bottom