Is my tank cycled ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No I did fish in so I didn't dose with ammonia but I recently went on reading week and went home and left a feeder rock in the bottom, so food and that could have a slight spike in the ammonia. I'll re do the nitrate and show you in a few mins.

Well, maybe that was the source of ammonia. Your ammonia wasn't zero in that first pic and (obviously) 2 YEARS was a typo. ;). You ought to be done now but I'd still keep an eye on things until your ammonia is a solid zero. Test your pH too to be sure it hasn't dropped. Sometimes that causes ammonia to reoccur.

How often and how much do you water change? I prefer nitrates stay in the orange shades, myself. About 20 to keep the plants fed without stressing the fish.

Yea that was a typo ;), also yea I believe so and I do a 30% water change every other week, I have never tested the ph I should test that today then

The biofilter is suppressed at 6 so you want to be sure the pH is stable and staying at 6.5 or higher.

I change weekly because it's easier to remember "water change Wednesday" than whether I changed it last week or the week before. It's quick with a water changer.

Back
Top Bottom