Is my Tank heavily planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duydawg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
10 gallon FW aquarium right here. Going through it's fishless cycle :fish2:

would you consider my tank heavily planted?

photo5os.jpg

Sorry but no. A heavily planted tank has most of the substrate planted. I keep a 220g heavily planted and after rescaping again I have about 90% of the substrate planted.

I think your tank Duydawg is moderately planted.

I want to house two dwarf puffers, so I need to break their vision.

I would still like to hear more opinions

Duydawg said:
I want to house two dwarf puffers, so I need to break their vision.

I would still like to hear more opinions

Your tank is lightly planted.

I have a moderately planted 50g tank.

image-2062567272.jpg

Jon

It looks moderately planted but in a tank with dwarf puffers would likely need a little more plants as they are highly territorial.

Duydawg said:
10 gallon FW aquarium right here. Going through it's fishless cycle :fish2:

would you consider my tank heavily planted?

I consider my 46 moderately planted & you appear to have fewer plants than me.

image-2318423655.jpg

You have to take into consideration the fact that my tank is 10 gallons. I have a total of seven plants in there at the moment ( anubias, amazon sword, and wisteria ). I haven't taken into consideration the java moss.

I want more anubias plants because I have a low light output
Im hoping my wisteria will grow and cover some more of the top.

Yeah I feel silly for thinking it was heavily planted. I still feel that this is a good amount of live plants for two dwarf puffers

Yes it is a good amount but even with low light you could look into trying some Dwarf Sag or Jungle Val (the dwarf sag is more for your tank size) for a grass like plants and Bolbitus which is an African fern. All your plants are rosette and you need some other shaped and textured plants to add interest and help make a visual barrier for the puffers.

I would say it is moderately planted. It's very beautiful though! I love the buddah.

Hi yes lightly planted but the plants will grow? I made this mistake and put too many in and didn't allow for growth:banghead:
Here's a photo of my new tank,which I regard as moderately planted but will slowly become heavily planted as the plants grow - hopefully:lol:
I also put a photo on of me old four foot tank.

Attachments

• four foot jungle3 (Large).jpg
    four foot jungle3 (Large).jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 101
  • plants in (Large).jpg
    plants in (Large).jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom