Is my tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

White Cloud

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I live in Quincy, MA, which is located near Boston
Hi! I have just finished cycling my 10 gallon aquarium. I have a Tetra PF10 filter, an air pump with an airstone, 4 plastic plants, one cave/temple decoration, and a marimo moss ball that I got off eBay. I do 20% water changes weekly. The pH is 7.2, and the temperature is 78 degrees.

Right now, I have one platy and one oto, and I want to add one more of each. Also, I want to put in 6-8 glowlight tetras.

This is my plan so far:
-Two Otocinclus Catfish
-Two Sunset Fire Platies
-6-8 Glowlight Tetras

Is this too many fish to live comfortably in my tank?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Hi! I have just finished cycling my 10 gallon aquarium. I have a Tetra PF10 filter, an air pump with an airstone, 4 plastic plants, one cave/temple decoration, and a marimo moss ball that I got off eBay. I do 20% water changes weekly. The pH is 7.2, and the temperature is 78 degrees.

Right now, I have one platy and one oto, and I want to add one more of each. Also, I want to put in 6-8 glowlight tetras.

This is my plan so far:
-Two Otocinclus Catfish
-Two Sunset Fire Platies
-6-8 Glowlight Tetras

Is this too many fish to live comfortably in my tank?

Thanks for reading and hopefully replying. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

That would be overstocking danios need a 20 g IMO. Flame or neon tetras would be better

That would be overstocking danios need a 20 g IMO. Flame or neon tetras would be better

Danios? I think that it would work okay but maybe up the water changes to 40% weekly. I would possibly swap the glow light tetras for ember tetras, since they aren't as active

Danios? I think that it would work okay but maybe up the water changes to 40% weekly. I would possibly swap the glow light tetras for ember tetras, since they aren't as active

My bad ,there are glow light tetras, and there altered versions of white skirts. I have a huge gli skirt that over 2 1/2 inches long and a 1 wide. I would not have 6 in a 10 g. Once again the min is a 20 g

My bad ,there are glow light tetras, and there altered versions of white skirts. I have a huge gli skirt that over 2 1/2 inches long and a 1 wide. I would not have 6 in a 10 g. Once again the min is a 20 g

Glow light tetras aren't White skirts. They are their own species. They don't get bigger than a neon. Check them out! Pretty neat fish

Glow light tetras aren't White skirts. They are their own species. They don't get bigger than a neon. Check them out! Pretty neat fish

Oh, my bad. I got confused with the modified glo tetras. Duh, I feel like an idiot now. This Will be fine in a 10 g but stay around 6 In a school

Back
Top Bottom