Is this Ammonia Safe to cycle with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcedAngelKiss

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a bottle of Ammonia today to add to my cycle and I'm hoping it's right...
am.jpg
am2.jpg

Just wanted to make sure before I started to add it to the tank...This is the only bottle of Clear Ammonia my city has...I've shopped everywhere!
Edit- So are you saying it's okay for me to use this or I should keep looking?

Have you tried shaking the bottle to see if it foams or bubbles at all? You could also call the manufacturer to verify if there are any 'additional' ingredients (the bottle only lists the 'active' ingredient....) before considering it for use. I definitely would check it out!!

I shook it and there is no foam, but I did get a couple air bubbles...
Thats good news but i would still call the manufacturer to see what 'other' ingredients may be in it because they only list the 'active' ingredient. You can also ask the manufacturer what percentage of ammonium hydroxide is in the product. Better to be safe than sorry!!

I think it should be OK. I did a Google Search for "austins clear ammonia fishless cycle" and have found others on various forums who used it successfully. If you wanted to be 100% sure though you could call the manufacturer and make sure it's pure.

Back
Top Bottom