Is this mix and number okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

portia

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon tank. Been up about 4 months, and all is well. I still have all of the fish I started with, except the two angels that died almost immediately after I got them for no apparent reason.

I test fairly often and change my tank water fairly often. I have live plants, mostly Amazon swords, a rock and some driftwood for hiding in.

Right now, I have a dwarf gourami, a male swordtail, 4 lyretail zebra danios, a platy, an upsidedown catfish, and 4 crazy little guppies. I try to keep mostly males because I don't have any place to keep fry.

Is this mix ok? Should I have a couple more danios or is 4 ok? I know they're schoolers. They tend to hang out off and on with the guppies.

I was kind of thinking about a small catfish or two, like a couple of otos, maybe, but that may be too much. Opinions?

personally dont think angels should be kept in a 20 gallon. i really think they need 29 or larger. they get rather large and are tall fish. sad they died but would have out grown the tank.

i would add a couple more danios. otos do best in groups too.

Back
Top Bottom