Is this overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottM23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanna keep a new 20 gallon planted tank but I've been out of the hobby for several years. Ideally in my tank I wanna have..

9 Forktail blue eyed rainbows
3 Amano shrimp
Small colony of cherry shrimp
Small school of Cardinal tetras
And eventually when the tank is fully established, an Electric Blue Ram

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the advice!

I am not 100% sure about the rainbows , I know they are not large like others ,but most bows like to swim.
The other stocking sounds like it should be fine.'I don't mix shrimp and fish so can't say fish won't eat them..
The rams and cardinals go very well together as they both really want 82 degree or warmer water..
Is the tank a 20 long [30" long] or 20 regular[ 24" long] ?
If you are doing the 30" you might consider a 29g ,they are just a little taller then the 20.....

It's a twenty gallon long. Another concern I have is that they normally don't recommend keeping these fish on there own but in my system ideally I'd like to just have one. Is this a bad idea? I'm open to picking another fish but the ram is going to function as the center piece of my tank.

I am not 100% sure about the rainbows , I know they are not large like others ,but most bows like to swim.
The other stocking sounds like it should be fine.'I don't mix shrimp and fish so can't say fish won't eat them..
The rams and cardinals go very well together as they both really want 82 degree or warmer water..
Is the tank a 20 long [30" long] or 20 regular[ 24" long] ?
If you are doing the 30" you might consider a 29g ,they are just a little taller then the 20.....

Sorry I forgot to use the "reply" option

Back
Top Bottom