Is this pure ammonia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishperson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for some pure ammonia. I have looked almost everywhere for it, and I was at Food Lion today to buy laundry detergent. To my surprise, I found ammonia! The ingredients are:
- Soft Water
- Ammonium Hydroxide

Is this pure ammonia?
Can I use this stuff to do a fishless cycle?

Sounds good. Is it colorless? Does it foam when you shake it? A few bubbles that clear up fast, are ok. But foam is bad.

A few bubbles that clear up fast, are ok.

I might be shaking it to hard, but when I shake I get bubbles that dont leave fast. I also have the ace ammonia that is the one everyone is using, but im using another brand & both do the same

If its colorless, it probably is fine since it doesn't list surfactant in ingredients.

Oh, i know..What I was trying to say is that there bubbles in both of mine & they dont clear fast when i shake it. Just dont want everyone thinking it's not the right one. There is a difference in foaming and just air bubbles.

Rare said:
Oh, i know..What I was trying to say is that there bubbles in both of mine & they dont clear fast when i shake it. Just dont want everyone thinking it's not the right one. There is a difference in foaming and just air bubbles.

Oh yeah. Gotcha.

Like rare said, there are some bubbles, but they clear up after awhile. It is pretty much clear, it is a sort of grayish color. Surfactant or perfume are not on the ingredient list. Thanks for all of the quick help!
I am trying to add a picture of the brand I used, but I don't know if it is working, if not, it is the food lion brand, not the lemon kind.
images

Like rare said, there are some bubbles, but they clear up after awhile. It is pretty much clear, it is a sort of grayish color. Surfactant or perfume are not on the ingredient list. Thanks for all of the quick help!
I am trying to add a picture of the brand I used, but I don't know if it is working, if not, it is the food lion brand, not the lemon kind.
images
Good, they aren't usually supposed'd to clear up fast if it is pure ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom