Is this stock ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafish1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gallon tank and I am in the process of planning the stock. Here is the plan so far:
1 angelfish
1 pearl gourami
3 mollys
3 platys
3 guppies
I have a very powerful filter. I will have the tank at 80 degrees. For the live-bearers the ratio will be 2 f for every m, thanks!

Angelfish need a bigger tank, they get very tall. Your livebearers will fill the tank in no time. They tend to give birth to a lot of fry every month.

Almost all fish are happier in schools or shoals. One single fish of a species is generally not appropriate. I'd skip the single gourami and single angel. They are going to get big, anyway.

Gouramis and angels are not going to be good companions. Both have a tendency for aggression, and can be very territorial. Your tank size doesn't give enough room for them both to have their own space.
I wouldn't worry to much over the livebearers. My angels took out any babies I had and I wanted the babies for my turtle. You would see them a few times and then never again.

Back
Top Bottom