Is this too good to be true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MummyC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
showroom

Has anyone used this and does it work?
I cant find a local store that sell mature media for me to seed and dont know anyone with a tank!
I was told about this by my local maidenhead aquatics but im hesitant to try it :ermm:

Anything that indicates you have to keep using it or specific other products they sell after cycling I would steer far away from.

Oh well that sucks :( The guy at the LFS said as i was using ammonia i would only need to use it once as the BB would then feed off the ammonia and the tank would cycle a little quicker! I did google it and found some other sites where ppl had said it was really good and others had said it wasn't :banghead: too much conflicting advice lol
Would it do any harm to my cycle to try it???

Your welcome to give it a try! If you do have future questions on your fishless cycle, just make sure you mention you tried the product so it can be factored into your cycle. Good luck!! :)

I think it depends what kind of bacteria are in there. Some of the "starters" contain the wrong type of bacteria that can actually outcompete the bacteria you need in your tank to cycle it.

How do i find out what bacteria it is and what type am i looking for?

It's not like you can read the label and know.

The only bacteria starter that I've heard about that works (although I refuse to use these magic potions myself) is Tetra Safe Start. Presume that anything else is complete garbage.

You don't "need" this stuff to cycle your tank. You can do a fishless cycle quite easily using ammonia.

I am using ammonia i just had a bit of a hiccup and had to start over and thought this might help move the cycle a bit quicker :ermm:

I've never seen this brand before! Although I have used microbacter 7 and lovedddd it. It cut my cycling down to almost a week! People can talk smack and say it doesn't work but I've used it and I know for a fact how amazing this product really is!

image-3717206027.jpg

Haaha I go to Maidenhead aquatics as well where a bouts is yours. Mines in Chichester on the way to Bognor !!!

I will have to actually go in to buy fish then lol if this tank ever cycles that is :rolleyes:

I have use Dr. Tim's nitrifying bacteria before with moderate to good success - never a complete "failure". Might want to look them up if you are still thinking of trying something.

Back
Top Bottom