It seems I have messed up completely.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fwiw, cooked shrimp or scallops will provide the same result as ammonia. And safer.

The foam seems to be getting stuck in corners of the tank, where the bubbles from the filter seem to be getting stuck, as well as the filter intake. Maybe the foam is just a huge amount of very tiny bubbles??? Ugh this is so annoying

Do you have a digital camera? It would help if you could post some pictures. Also, do a pwc just to see what happens.

Okay, I just did a little experiment. I took a tiny plastic container and filled it with warm water. I shook it, no foam. I filled the container with aquarium water. I shook it................................................it foamed.

I do not have a digital camera. Now...is there a way to just get rid of this STUPID SOAP without having to BUY ALL NEW THINGS!? I'm about to cry Im so angry.

If I understand some of your other posts correctly, you have all new gravel and filter media? I think at this point you have to have any soap quite diluted, I would do some major major rinsing of the gravel again and start over.

What do you have in the tank now?

Is your filter still without media?

No I put the media and wheel in last night because I had the rock in the water testing for many hours and there was no sign of soap. I guess I missed something.

What's your process been for cleaning everything you didn't buy over, Marconis? Maybe we can help there. Were you able to try any salt?

The test I used was to rub my finger against the glass of the aquarium. It should rub and make that noise and show friction.

I remember that my rainbow rock must have gotten a lot of air in it, because when I put it in the sanitized tank, little tiny bubbles rose from it, and really scared me. But it must have really been air, because I didn't feel any loss of friction.

This bucket that you mentioned felt the same, is it the same one you've been using to rinse your things? Could you try getting a rinsed off glass of water, and doing that comparison with your tap vs. tank?

I believe there is a way to restore some of the items without having to buy all over again, but I know for me, it was a more gradual process, taking over a week. It just really tests your patience.

Are you still suspicious of the rocks, after the test? Or do you think it could be somewhere else? Did you sanitize all the wires coming out of the appliances that would have been submerged, etc?

Don't give up!

Back
Top Bottom