its has begun!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

son2fu

Aquarium Advice Regular
my cycle has started!!
it has been two weeks and last night i checked my ammonia and nitrite, it read 3.0 and 1.0.
I am sooo happy!
thanks everyone who has helped me and thank you 7enigma for your guide to fishless cycling.

i hope it finishes quickly, I cant wait to get fish

Glad to see your progressing! Now comes the fun part. You should see the ammonia start to drop pretty quickly, while you wait for your nitrIte to start dropping. As per the guide, try not to let your ammonia get to zero. I'd check every other day or so to keep an eye on the levels. If you don't see much change (unlikely) you can wait a bit longer.

Congrats, time to start planning on what fish you are going to stock. :wink:

You might want to play a bit with that every other day thing. In my case I could not let it go more than eight hours or so near the end. I was dosing up to 3 ppm in the morning and had nearly zero when I got home in the evening.

The every other day thing was just to find a trend. Once you know your uptake is rocking, its time to dose daily and monitor frequently. 3ppm conversion in under 12-24 hours is easily ready for a full stocking IMO, unless you are overstocking or have adult-sized heavy waste producers.

Yay! Sounds like your cycle is about to rock n' roll! The most exciting part IMO is when your 'trItes drop to 0 and your 'trAtes spike, of course!

What fish do you have in mind?

its coming along good. i'm almost done, i can't wait to get my fish

Awesome! Props for you for not subjecting live animals to sewage conditions!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom