Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADF814
The bala sharks are around 2 inches, the silver dollars are 1.25 inches and the pleco is about 3inches. I figured that I had at least 6 months to a year before we had to get a bigger tank. We figured we would get something over 100, but later. Does it sound like the 20 gallon is still cycling with a high nitrite level?
Sounds like it to me. My ammonia only became trace levels before zeroing out, my nitrates actually showed up like 2 days after my nitrites did and after that all they did was rise and rise until nitrites slowly fell then zeroed out. Every tank is different but that's what happened with mine.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADF814
The bala sharks are around 2 inches, the silver dollars are 1.25 inches and the pleco is about 3inches. I figured that I had at least 6 months to a year before we had to get a bigger tank. We figured we would get something over 100, but later. Does it sound like the 20 gallon is still cycling with a high nitrite level?
The only issue with keeping fish that have max sizes that arent suitable for the tank they are currently is you risk stunting their growth... But their insides keep growing even though the fish doesn't increase in size. So I would say as soon as your able to get a bigger tank and comfortably (by comfortably i mean financially comfortable) maintain it, do it.

Tags
advice

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com