jack dempsey getting enough to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice I'm sure it will be great show us some pics when your finished, and good luck with your fish!

I've always wanted to try and build a tank.. I just don't trust my skills. 150 gallons on my woods floors doesn't sound fun lol

I know its a little scary. I think I'm going to practice with a smaller one and work my way up. Put it outside on my balcony before filling in the house :)

But really glass aquarium building is very simple in how it goes together. Acrylic is a little more complicated in that you need more tools.

I've got a 55 I busted the end out of. I think I'm going to try and fix that and see how it goes.

I have the same fish in a 30. I make the oscar eat on one side and the jd on the other. The oscar eats like 5x more than the jd

Btw be careful of the oscar. I woke up at like 9 am and found him flopping on the floor just In time

I have glass tops , and sometimes a little food is dropped on them and I have to make sure to wipe them down. My oscar will jump and smack his head trying to get the food

Put something heavy on the lid. I have a pretty rock on mine. They are curious and always looking for food especially when they are young :)

If it's closed he won't. I didn't know he could make it out so when that happened the lid was closed. Crazy fish

Yea they are characters. Just to let you know if you have a plastic lid you might want to weight it down. My friend lost her Oscar when he jumped out when the lid was closed! Just popped right through I guess. They are strong!

He's not thaaat big yet. He hits it hard and it moves but not enough. He's moving into a bigger 90 gal that is being cycled

Back
Top Bottom