Just a reintroduction....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garth7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

Its me again. I posted a while back in the saltwater forums. I am currently in the process of cycling a freshwater tank now. I found saltwater to be very rewarding but I think I was lacking in money to do what I really wanted to do. Long story short, I came back to freshwater.

I have been going through many forums over the last two weeks and really have made a full circle back to here.... home sweet home....I simply want to re-introduce myself to the forum.

I currently have a 55gal tank that I am cycling with a fishless cycle... (patience doug... patience....). I have stocked it with 20 -25 plants. Names and pictures will follow. I have a lighting system from my old salty days (2 MH fixtures and 3 of the Compact florescent bulbs that you can put into an ordinary socket.) I am a diy type of guy. My hood is a doug original. I am looking into building my own co2 system in the very near future.

I have found this place to be an excellent source of ideas, friendship, advice, and fun. I hope to contiune to post and add to all of this.

Doug

So... you're gonna start hanging out with "THOSE" people now, huh??? :roll:

Just teasing ya know. There's some darned nice folks "over there" too.

Good luck, but I believe you'll be back someday.

shhh.... Don't tell my wife, but yeah I am sure I will be back.... I just have to close my eyes when I walk by the salty tanks.... I would love to be able to keep my 55 gal fresh and then go huge with a salt water one... A man can only dream.....

Welcome back to the fresh side of things. Sounds like you have the makings of a great planted tank.

I was in the same boat as you, I had to give up my SW tank because of money and I miss it a lot. I have to just close my eyes when I walk by the tanks also.

garth7 said:
Hello all,

Its me again. I posted a while back in the saltwater forums. I am currently in the process of cycling a freshwater tank now. I found saltwater to be very rewarding but I think I was lacking in money to do what I really wanted to do. Long story short, I came back to freshwater.

I have been going through many forums over the last two weeks and really have made a full circle back to here.... home sweet home....I simply want to re-introduce myself to the forum.

I currently have a 55gal tank that I am cycling with a fishless cycle... (patience doug... patience....). I have stocked it with 20 -25 plants. Names and pictures will follow. I have a lighting system from my old salty days (2 MH fixtures and 3 of the Compact florescent bulbs that you can put into an ordinary socket.) I am a diy type of guy. My hood is a doug original. I am looking into building my own co2 system in the very near future.

I have found this place to be an excellent source of ideas, friendship, advice, and fun. I hope to contiune to post and add to all of this.

Doug

I would get at least a DIY CO2 setup very quickly, especially if your lighting is good (above 2wpg). And make sure you have good fert levels (check the planted tank section). Fishless cycling with ammonia and plants is a tricky thing. It is very easy to get algae.

It's also very difficult to know where you are in the cycle.

I plan on doing the DIY CO2 this weekend. I think I am going to look through the posts to see what I will need for my 55 gal. If I dont find anything I will create a new post in the appropriate category.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom