Just made my own root tabs !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I wasn't prepared to pay stupid amounts for them so I got some tablet capsules emptied them out and stuffed organic potting soil in them along with some clay

Well I wasn't prepared to pay stupid amounts for them so I got some tablet capsules emptied them out and stuffed organic potting soil in them along with some clay

That's it? No plant food in the capsules mixed in?

I want to go 100% organic you guys put what you want in yours

I hate to break it to you but tablets of potting soil won't really do the trick. There's just not a whole lot of nutrients in them.

If you want to go "organic" ish then your best bet would be to do something like this.
How to make your own clay root tabs! - YouTube

I personally use a time release fertilizer such as Dynamite flower and vegetable in the gel capsules.

If you want to go 100% organic then what you are doing is fine, it's just not very concentrated like a normal root tab would be. I've been making some organic ones utilizing norwegian sea kelp and clay that work well, although they are not meant to be well rounded like the formula in that video. I still make that exact formula in that video although I put it in capsule form for better delivery.

Back
Top Bottom