Just started 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear5800

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am 11 and my dad has a heater in his 90g tank.I wont to know do I need a heater.

It depend on what kind of fish you have in your tank. For an example if you have a goldfish you do not because they are a certain type of fish. Most fish do though and it would be a nice thing for the fish. They cost around 10$.

And just putting this out there, no kind of goldfish belongs in a 10 gallon tank. So unless you have it in a place that stays around 78-80 degrees you will need one.

+1. No goldfish belongs in a ten gallon. If you were looking at coldwater fish that will not outgrow ten gallons its fine, but IMO for most common tropicals you will need a heater, unless you live somewhere where it is hot and humid year-round (and even then, it's always good to have a back-up heater).

bruinsbro1997 said:
+1. No goldfish belongs in a ten gallon. If you were looking at coldwater fish that will not outgrow ten gallons its fine, but IMO for most common tropicals you will need a heater, unless you live somewhere where it is hot and humid year-round (and even then, it's always good to have a back-up heater).

Nobody said they do.

He gave an example of a cold water fish, then explained most fish would like heaters and gave a rough price.

No one suggested that he said they should be in there. I was talking to the OP and letting them know they shouldn't get a goldfish just to not have to get a heater.

Scouser said:
Nobody said they do.

He gave an example of a cold water fish, then explained most fish would like heaters and gave a rough price.

Yes I was thanks!! That was he only cold water fish I could think of right then. :)

Back
Top Bottom