Juwel Primo 70 Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

galacticcookie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a Juwel Primo 70 soon, and would like some advice on stocking. It is 61 cm long, 31 cm wide and 44 cm tall, and it's volume is 70l or 18 US Gallons.

I'm planning on having a species-only tank, and I think I've decided on either neolamprologus multifasciatus shelldwellers (these being my favourite so far), tiger barbs, ember tetras or celestial pearl danios. My first question is are these species suitable for this tank size?

If they're suitable, how many could I have of each species, with that species being the only other fish. I plugged the tank into aqadvisor and it said either 10 shelldwellers, 10 tiger barbs, 20 ember tetras or 20 celestial pearl danios. Do these numbers seem correct?

Finally, are there any other fish you would recommend for this tank?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

The estimates look accurate. Go with the shellies. I'd go with 6-8 to start and as long as filtration is good and you do weekly water changes 15% or more you can get upto 15-18 shellies in there safely. Just an FYI, I use 2 male endlers as ditherfish so the shellies have other things to focus on.

The estimates look accurate. Go with the shellies. I'd go with 6-8 to start and as long as filtration is good and you do weekly water changes 15% or more you can get upto 15-18 shellies in there safely. Just an FYI, I use 2 male endlers as ditherfish so the shellies have other things to focus on.

Brilliant, thank you so much. It's great news that I can keep so many. Could I ask how many shells you keep per shelldweller?

Back
Top Bottom