Khuli loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been interested in khuli loaches for some time and saw some today in my lfs. I was looking for some clarification on tank size.
I would like to put them in with my betta and chilli rasboras - in a 12 gal tank.
Any input welcome :)

It depends on the dimensions of your tank. Remember khulis need to be in groups of 5+.

I would probably lean towards a 12g being too small though.

In my opinion, they should have 26 gallons + simply because of their need to cruise quickly up and down the tank walls and across the tank diagonally. Others will say 20 gallons, but that's the smallest I've seen recommended.

I have over a dozen of these guys and love them to death. After being witness to their true behavior and lively antics, they would be so cramped in a small space.

I have some of them in a 29g and I wish I had a bigger tank that they could swim more freely in. I didn't know that they liked to dart up and down the walls of the tank and across so much. They are so fast too!

+1 on what everyone said, after lights out mine go CRAZY! Swim up and down the walls, darting all over, it's like a small nut house in my aquarium love them.

Ok thanks guys maybe when I get my next tank then! :( they are so great looking - not seen any Pygmy corys by me so not sure any other small catfish possible? Probably not I know

I already have ottos in my main tank. I was thinking more along the lines of a bottoms dweller

Back
Top Bottom