Kuhli Loach and Shrimp? Compatible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tormented

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am planning on getting an 80 gallon tank (or bigger) and i wanted to get shrimp and kuhlis because i like them both. But i didn't know if they were compatible?
They will probably be in this tank with Guppies and platies.

i think they would be,unless you get some really aggressive shrimp

The type of plant u want would depend solely on the environment of the tank such as the substrate, light fixtures, pavement of tank, and many other factors. I would suggest anubias since they are hardy and do well in low light. The shrimp situation is fine, but when thy get older, they become a little more aggressive, depending on what shrimp you're getting!

The substrate would be sand. I would love to have a couple different kind of shrimp like Cherry, crystal red, and ghost shrimp.

this is mostly still on topic... but as i'm new to this I have a question.. wouldn't a concern be the fish eating the shrimp.. or are they more than capable of defending themselves

I would think so. unless the fish are bigger o_O then they might get eaten.

The reason why i asked about kuhlis and shrimp are because i googled the question and i got a lot of no!(s) and yes(es). So i thought i would ask here!

Back
Top Bottom