Let the cycle begin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blizzard

Aquarium Advice Activist
I set up my ten gallon fw Thursday and began the cycle with fish food. During this time I wasn't watching the water levels because I didn't have a test kit. So, yesterday I went and got a test kit at my LFS and while there, decided to pick up some long fin zebra danios. (4 of them.) I acclimated them, and checked the water.

Ammonia: 0.50 ppm Nitrites: 0 ppm Nitrates: 0ppm

This morning I woke up and saw that the zebras were doing well and I checked the water.

Ammonia: 0.25 ppm Nitrites: 0.5 ppm Nitrates: 0ppm

So I'm starting to see trace amounts of nitrites and the ammonia level is going down. I'm also going to do a water change today, so that will probably help out.

What I'm wondering is, how often should i feed my zebra danios during the cycle?

P.S. Pictures on the way!

Thanks,
Blizzard.

Feed them every other day and keep up on you water changes. Keep those ammonia and nitrite readings under .5ppm.

Good luck!!

I would feed them once a day or once every other day. Feed just as much as they'll eat in about a minute. Try not to overfeed because that could raise ammonia and nitrite levels. If nitrites get over 1ppm, i'd do a small water change.

I just fed them, and checked the water a few minutes later.

Ammonia: .50 ppm Nitrites .50 ppm Nitrates 0 ppm

If it gets any higher I'll do a water change, but as for now it lookin good. Can someone explain to me how to put pictures in a post?

Thanks,
Blizzard.

Back
Top Bottom