lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiteout

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of upgrading my lighting I don't have 150+ to get crazy plant lighting but I have a full spectrum was looking at a aquaneon led and was wondering if it was a decent "cheap" light or should I just keep my old one?

I'm thinking of upgrading my lighting I don't have 150+ to get crazy plant lighting but I have a full spectrum was looking at a aquaneon led and was wondering if it was a decent "cheap" light or should I just keep my old one?

What size is your tank? Getting cone clamp-on lights from Home Depot and CFLs is probably the cheapest alternative.

Its a 20g high the one that I mentioned is pretty affordable just want my plants to have better lighting and Wanna get different ones lol people warned me about planted tanks and how addictive they are

Its a 20g high the one that I mentioned is pretty affordable just want my plants to have better lighting and Wanna get different ones lol people warned me about planted tanks and how addictive they are

Get 2 "Clamp on worklights" from Home Depot/ lowes and 2 compact fluorescent lights (swirly ones) that are in the 5000k-8000K range.

Might have to look into that lol never thought about that and get a clear top foot the fish or leave it open

might b depends on how "jumpy" the fish are :) I know if I did that with my fiances female betta I'd be in trouble cause I accidentally taught her to jump

might b depends on how "jumpy" the fish are :) I know if I did that with my fiances female betta I'd be in trouble cause I accidentally taught her to jump

I think the risk is water getting in the light bulb or something. I have no problem and keep my lights like a cm from the surface of water

And I'd be able to keep high lighting plants i'm sure this answer is yes but I might be surprised

Got ya didn't know I'f Lowes would have them worth a shot lol

Back
Top Bottom