Lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex.S

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, how are you. To say I am a "newb" may be a bit of an understatement. I currently have a 60 gallon tank, which as of now has finished cycling for awhile now. I purchased an aquarium+stand deals, unfortunately though the tank dimensions have been rather unfortunate for plant growth, primarily because its quite tall. It came with two hoods that fit 18 inch bulbs. Is it really possible to find any replacement bulbs greater then 15 watt with that size? Is it best investing in a 48 inch hood (the length of the aquarium)? I have had very little luck with any plants other than some anacharis. I have about a three or so inch deep of flourite substrate. There is only 30 watts as of now for that tank, which I am guessing is insufficient. Are there any plants that can grow in such a low light tank? I have had some success with another tube plant, which I was so intelligent enough not to even check the species name. Sorry for the amateur question, I quite honesty just couldn't find any bulbs, and I know very little in the way of lighting ;)
Thank you, and I apologize if there has already been similar questions asked

Back
Top Bottom