Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Lighting

Need help getting a good light thy shows good color for our 65 gallon tall freshwater tank. We have a Marineland now has timer an night an Day lights but I dnt feel it’s bright enough. Anyone have any good suggestions? Also pictures of what you have an recommend would be awesome!!!! An a price range to if possible.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is one of the big questions, and you're going to get tons and tons of answers, opinions, preferences. You will also need to let people know if you have just fish, or live plants, how deep the tank is, what your budget is, etc.

I really like Finnex lights, personally. Very bright on my 12" and 18" deep tanks.

I went with a Mars Aqua black box pendant light for my 65 tall (actually two) so I could grow high-light plants. They're ~$100 on Amazon. CRAZY bright, but you can adjust the brightness with the built in dimmers.

I'm sure others will offer more options.

Old 08-09-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
ZxC
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZxC View Post
Budget?

Fluval 3.0 would be “best” at covering all the bases....

2 x T5-HO but.... limited 36” bulb selection.

1 Or 2 beamswork DA-FSPEC but.... 1 may not be enough, 2 might be over kill without a DIY dimmer.

A shop light setup running 2-4 T8 bulbs could work.

I won’t recommend finnex, too many reported failures after the wimpy 1 year warranty is up.

I would look into fluval 3.0 or an odesyee T-5 setup of it were me.

Actually, amazon has some T-5 uh.... “grow” units for decent pricing as well, but you’ll have to come up with your own way to hang it.

SB reef or other “black box” LED’s would work too....
Pulled this from your other thread

If it were easy we wouldn't be here
ZxC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com