Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishcrazy86

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help getting a good light thy shows good color for our 65 gallon tall freshwater tank. We have a Marineland now has timer an night an Day lights but I dnt feel it’s bright enough. Anyone have any good suggestions? Also pictures of what you have an recommend would be awesome!!!! An a price range to if possible.

This is one of the big questions, and you're going to get tons and tons of answers, opinions, preferences. You will also need to let people know if you have just fish, or live plants, how deep the tank is, what your budget is, etc.

I really like Finnex lights, personally. Very bright on my 12" and 18" deep tanks.

I went with a Mars Aqua black box pendant light for my 65 tall (actually two) so I could grow high-light plants. They're ~$100 on Amazon. CRAZY bright, but you can adjust the brightness with the built in dimmers.

I'm sure others will offer more options.

Budget?

Fluval 3.0 would be “best” at covering all the bases....

2 x T5-HO but.... limited 36” bulb selection.

1 Or 2 beamswork DA-FSPEC but.... 1 may not be enough, 2 might be over kill without a DIY dimmer.

A shop light setup running 2-4 T8 bulbs could work.

I won’t recommend finnex, too many reported failures after the wimpy 1 year warranty is up.

I would look into fluval 3.0 or an odesyee T-5 setup of it were me.

Actually, amazon has some T-5 uh.... “grow” units for decent pricing as well, but you’ll have to come up with your own way to hang it.

SB reef or other “black box” LED’s would work too....

Pulled this from your other thread

Back
Top Bottom