Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterSean

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have blue and white LEDS on my 29 gal biocube. How long can I run with the lights on. I have them on a timer now for 8 hrs.
I am doing a fish in cycle and am about 2 weeks in. Everything looking good so far, just curious about the lights.

Do you have live plants? I keep mine on for 7 hrs in the winter and 6 hours in the summer because of the longer daylight and I have no live plants.

No live plants here either. What time do you have them coming on and off?

No live plants here either. What time do you have them coming on and off?

Not sure of cichlid ism, but I have mine on from just before I get home til when I go to sleep (3:30-10:30pm), with plants on.

It's often about tweaking a little. Try them for whatever suits you, and make it longer if you want or shorter if you see some algae growth/ an electricity bill spike :p

Your Tank Lighting

I have blue and white LEDS on my 29 gal biocube. How long can I run with the lights on. I have them on a timer now for 8 hrs.
I am doing a fish in cycle and am about 2 weeks in. Everything looking good so far, just curious about the lights.

Hello Fresh...

Your lights can stay on for roughly 12 hours every day. Whether or not you have plants makes little difference. Most of the standard tank inhabitants are from tropical areas and used to long hours of daylight.

B

You can run lighting any length of time as long as you have no algae forming. If you begin getting algae you need to back lighting down in 30 minute increments until you are back to not having algae forming. Each tank is different due to size and type of lights used so you have to determine the optimum amount of time to run them.

Back
Top Bottom