Loaches and Dwarf Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murph3400

Aquarium Advice Activist
Appreciate anyones thoughts on a planted aquarium with Loaches and Dwsrf Cichlids. In prep stages 50 gal cube??

What are the dimensions? Dwarfs would probably be great for it, I'm thinking some apistos. I'd suggest researching different apisto species and then coming back with questions pertaining to what species you're looking at

Yoyo loaches are fairly oblivious fish and it would be hit or miss with Apistos. Apistos are exceptionally protective when they are guarding eggs or fry and you could have issues with the female.

A 24x24 is probably only going to house small or slow moving species. What about the blue/gold ram? They would likely do well in a tank that size and would look nice in a planted tank.

I am not a loach expert but is a 24x24 tank big enough to house yoyo loaches? I know my wife had some for a long time and they were either completely still or hyperactive.

Could honestly go with Corys instead of loaches. Thoughts on compatibility with dwarfs

Back
Top Bottom