Magnum 350 Questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksfishguy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I inherited a Magnum 350 and have enjoyed using it so far. I do have a few questions about it however.

1. How often can you use the Micron Cartridge and for how long? Will it clog if you use it all the time?

2. If I use the Magnum with a separate HOB filter do I need to put carbon in the filter? Can I just use it with the sleeve to catch the crud?

3. How well does the vacuum attachment/accessory work?

Thanks,
David

I have a Magnum 350 and unfortunately can only answer #2. You don't need to put carbon in the filter. Carbon is most effective for removing meds and discolorations from the water. It doesn't stay active for more than a week usually.

I didn't get the vaccum accessory with mine, don't know why. I use a python. I didn't get a micron cartridge either, ( I got mine used). Sorry couldn't be more help with the other questions.

You answered my most important questions, thanks! My neighbor just got a new magnum 350 set that included the vacuum. I will let you know how it works when he starts using it. I also use a python, but am interested in how his will work.

I have hooked up the micron once when my water was cloudy, it made the water incredibly clear in less than 24 hours, I mean, clear...

Thank again.

In my tank, the micron cart clogs in less than 2 days & the flow goes down to nothing. I only use the micron cart if there is something in the water I want to get rid of & ususally for 2-3 hours.

I don't have the vaccum attachment, but from reading about it, don't think it is worth while -
1. the micron cart will get plugged up way too fast
2. you don't get rid of dissolved stuff like in a PWC
3. cleaning the cart is more work than gravel vac

Back
Top Bottom