Making Progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buballo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Just want to give a big thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to help. My 15g hexagonal tank has finally started to take form. This is what I have purchesaed today:

1. Eheim 2213 canister filter
2. Hydor inline heater
3. API MAster test kit
4. Cycle by Nutrafin (reduces ammonia and nitrate levels through bacteria)
5. Start Right A (ammonia and chlorine neutraliser)
6. Start right B (de-ioniser & electrolite salts)

Now, through plent of research I have decided I am better off going for fake plants. So I am on the market for fake plants but nothing in the LFS looks half decent. Are there any suggestions for setting up my tanks. I have gone for a natural brown looking fine rock for the substrate. SO any landsacping ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks agan to al who have helped.

1. Eheim 2213 canister filter
2. Hydor inline heater
3. API MAster test kit
4. Cycle by Nutrafin (reduces ammonia and nitrate levels through bacteria)
5. Start Right A (ammonia and chlorine neutraliser)
6. Start right B (de-ioniser & electrolite salts)

When I saw your intial post about the filter size I thought the intial tank size was 55g.How many gals per hour does that filter move?

#4 probably won't work.

Whats the purpose of #6?

I agree with Fatz, as usual. ;)

Cycle won't hurt anything, but it won't really help you either. It sounds like someone recommended some products to you that aren't really necessary just to get you to buy more stuff. Start Right B won't be necessary either- I've never heard of it and my tanks are quite successful without it. Start Right A would be your dechlorinator- I assume you meant that it neutralizes chlorine and chloramine (hopefully) Someone correct me if I am wrong, but don't products that neutralize ammonia interfere with cycling? I use a different brand of dechlorinator, Seachem Prime. I like it (and so do a lot of other folks here) because it takes care of chlorine and chloramine, and it only requires 2 drops per gallon, so you save money in the long run.

If you can return the Cycle and the Start Right B, then go ahead and get your money back. The Start Right A I'm not sure about... it may work fine, or it may interfere with your cycle.

As for the rest of your equipment, you'll be super satisfied with the Eheim, and with the inline heater. Those are excellent products. I hope the Eheim isn't too strong for your tank, though, I'm not sure about that. The test kit is a good choice too, I use that brand myself.

And last but not least, please do not cycle your tank with fish.

Hi All,
When I get home I will let you know specific of what the products do. Thank you for your input anyway. I definitely will not cycle the tank with fish (even though it was suggested by the LFS to do so). I have read several posts in some forums that suggest a raw untreated prawn from the seafood shop can do the trick.

I have spoken to several people and through forums like this and they do recommend the eheim for my soze tank. The filter comes with a spray bar as well which should help.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom