Marineland's Bio-Spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bhunsucker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used Marineland's Bio-Spira for cycling a freshwater aquarium? If so what are the results that you have seen? Pros and Cons? I'm on my second week of my tank cycle (with fish) and I'm considering this product.

Thanks,
Britt

I've used bio-spira but I dont' know if it was marineland's. I used it to cycle a 10 gallon and within a week, all levels were perfect. I tested after about 3 days and everything was fine except for the nitrite which was about .5.

I would use it again.

There is only 1 product called bio spira, and it is the only true "cycle in a bottle". I have used it 3 times, and it was an instant cycle for me. The trick is getting fresh bio spira from a reputable source and using it exactly as directed. You could use bio spira in your tank, but it is intended to be used in a brand new tank, and added at the same time as the fish. Since you already an elevated ammonia level and possibly nitrites, the bio spira would have to play catch up in your tank, and sometimes it can't catch up fast enough before your levels are toxic. So if you plan on trying it in your tank, do a massive water change, and take out as much water as you can, so most of the ammonia and nitrite are eliminated. Refill your tank, and then add the proper amount of bio spira. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom