Media clogging pump chamber

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephpartin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone hope you are enjoying your day:) I just completed a fishless cycle with ammonia on a Fluval spec 16 gallon in 10 days. I waited until 5 days after that to add any fish.

My pump chamber is clogged because I have too much media in my baskets. I was wondering if it is safe now to wring out the sponges and filter floss in tank water? I read that this will help water flow through better. I do not want to take anything out yet because it is so new. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks:)):thanks:

You will generally only add filter floss if you want to remove particles. That is probably what is lowering your flow.
You can clean all media in tank water

You will generally only add filter floss if you want to remove particles. That is probably what is lowering your flow.
You can clean all media in tank water

Oh I see!! Yeah I do have too much media in there. When I cycled my tank I also ran an Aquaclear 20 HOB on the back. I took the media from that and added it to my baskets. I think that is what the problem is. I don't wanrt to take anything out since it has only been cycled for 15 days.

Oh I see!! Yeah I do have too much media in there. When I cycled my tank I also ran an Aquaclear 20 HOB on the back. I took the media from that and added it to my baskets. I think that is what the problem is. I don't wanrt to take anything out since it has only been cycled for 15 days.

No problem. Also fiahless cycles usually take 30 days 20minimum so be sure do measure NO2 and NH4

Back
Top Bottom