Mexican standoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azure Lord

Aquarium Advice Freak
They just stay like this for hours on end. They nip and run eachother of from their "territories". Blatant displays of aggression toward eachother.

3 days of this

The betts is the only one who goes where he plesses.....

What can i do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh...sorry....i meant to add a picture lol

Glofish tetras × 6 in a 10g
Along with a male betta(hes docile) and several ghist shrimp who also dont get messed with.

Attachments

• 1417339856349.jpg
    1417339856349.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 69
I'm sure you don't want to hear this but the tank is too small for them. Cramped quarters can greatly influence fish behavior.

So i have a glofish tank that i cant keep glofish in....great

So i have a glofish tank that i cant keep glofish in....great

Pretty much :/. All of the glofish types require a minimum of a 20 gallon long in my opinion. Idk why they even sell glofish kits that are under 10 gallons.

I responded to your other post and had not seen this one. I didn't realize you had others in the tank besides the tetras, so there's more weight to the tank size issue than I indicated in the other post, sorry.
It's normal for tetras to warn others from their space, but continual behavior can be stressful if they're worried about defending it constantly.

Yes but they arent showing aggression toward the betta....just eachother

That's very common for tetras. While "peaceful", they can do quite a bit of bickering amongst themselves. Your betta is fortunate that they are not directing that his way.

Hes actually friends with one of the smaller tetras

Back
Top Bottom