Mini cycle!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a new filter and I believe I am experiencing a mini cycle. I did seed the new media. How long will water be cloudy? What is a good temp to keep the tank so BB will grow? Any tips in how to speed it up? Thanks!

if you have not thrown your old filter away, you might stick it back into your aquarium until your cycle goes back to normal, then remove it. Did your filter not come with a bio sponge? Many filter systems come with a "filter"(which is replaced per box recommendations) and a biological filter that is not replaced (also usually not cleaned) and houses your bacteria .

[QwUOTE=trickshot3102;2791825]I just got a new filter and I believe I am experiencing a mini cycle. I did seed the new media. How long will water be cloudy? What is a good temp to keep the tank so BB will grow? Any tips in how to speed it up? Thanks![/QUOTE]

A few days

if you have not thrown your old filter away, you might stick it back into your aquarium until your cycle goes back to normal, then remove it. Did your filter not come with a bio sponge? Many filter systems come with a "filter"(which is replaced per box recommendations) and a biological filter that is not replaced (also usually not cleaned) and houses your bacteria .

It didn't come with a bio sponge but it came with the ceramic bio rings and the normal filter pad. Unfortunately I took out the old filter and it dries out so the BB is gone :( on the bright side, I seeded the filter with my old bio sponge :) I wonder how long it's going to take?

Back
Top Bottom