missing zebra danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazymom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I had 8 now I can only count 6. I haven't seen any dead fish~ they are just gone. Do you think any of the other fish would have eaten them? The neons are much smaller, I would think maybe they would have been eaten first. I don't know exactly what kind the white ones are but they are about 2.5 inches or so including their big lacy fins. I'm pretty sure they are some sort of tetra. Thanks.

how big are your loaches? and i have heard of one story a pleco munching down on a fish(but it wasnt confirmed)

The loaches are 3 and 4 inches. The fish will only eat them if they are already dead? That must be what happened then cause there is no trace of them at all. :cry:

yeah....maybe they were sick or too old....who knows....i like zebra danios they are nice fish but dont worry!!! you have 6 left and they should be fine...just watch out for some parasites or diseases that might have taken the other too....its hard to lose fish but i'm sure you know thats part of the hobby :(

Are there any gaps in your lid? I had to rescue a zebra danio I had several times from the floor.

Very little space in the back, mostly has filters and thermometer in that space. Most likely they were a midnight snack I think. I hate to think of that though.

It's sad to think about, but it happens. It's natural instinct. It is in their nature. It's kind of like a bear eating a dead rabbit. Or people eating meat.

Personally, I like it better when a fish disappears and there is no body to recover. If the other fish take care of that chore for me, I'm okay with it.

At least there isn't a body decaying in the tank, causing ammonia and cloudy water troubles.

Back
Top Bottom