mL needed for ammonia ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes good pointmake sure when you filled the tank you used prime and when you top off the water and after any future water changes even if you don't have any detectable elements in your water or you have a well you may still have some metals in the water.

you will need to dechlorinate with every water change/top off; some products just go the extra mile and get rid of chloramines in addition to chlorine.

I have well water, set my first aquarium up in Dec. Have never used Prime.or tested the tap water. I will test it today but still not sure i need the Prime.
Ammonia was at 1 this am.

With well water, definitely check your tap for nitrates. They can leach in from all sorts of sources in groundwater. Keep in mind that the reading can vary based on time of year, after heavy rainfall, etc. It may benefit you to run deNitrate or Matrix (both by SeaChem) in a filter to help remove nitrates if they are already present in a high level in your tap.

That's good still wait the 24 hours test than add accordingly not advised to add more b4 24 hours. Prime for you sounds like cheap insurance can't hurt but may not be needed. Let us know after 24 which I think will be late tonight add what you need to get it back up to 4ppm that much seeded material this may not take long

I should ve tested before now but all fish are happy & healthy for months now so wasn t too worried.
Thanks again everyone for all of the input. So nice to have people to bounce things off of. My family & coworkers are only so patient! So glad for this forum!

Results tonight: Ammon .5, added 6cc s ammonia which brought it up to 2, added 6 more cc s, result was 4. Soooo.... will see where it s at tomorrow night. Just keep visualizing the Angels & Loaches in there!
Oh hey, reminds me, anyone know if Zebra Loaches will eat shrimp?

Thats really good to hear. Tomorrow if you have the same drop check for nitrites also. Don't know about the loaches but I'm sure some one will know you may want to stay a different thread on that too get more people to look at it instead of it being under This one.

Nitrite was .25. Added 6 cc s if ammonia to get that back up to 4. And! Have 3 new leaves on the Tiger Lily , that was fun to see cuz it was looking like a goner.

All I had were plants to look at for awhile I thought some were goners to but they been coming back good. Because of your seeded material you added you may not see a big nitrite spike or even much of a rise tonight when you test your water if they're still low like that test your nitrates. Shake the you know what outta the second bottle bang it make sure it's well stirred up. Check your ph in the tank too just to make sure it's staying stable

Question? Yesterday your ammo dropped to. 5 you added 12cc of ammo to get it up today you only added 6. What wad your ammo reading b4 you added

Ammonia was at 2 last night. And the ph was 8.2 so I added some Ph Down. Will test all readings tonight fer shure, it ll be late tho, have to go to a family barbq. My nephew graduated high school against all odds !

Dont add phdown again. I asked because it should be going up a lityle during the cycle. If it starts to go down you risk a posdible crash at tge end jusy let it do its thing after your cycle is done your huge wster chsnge will get it back down

Oh geez, my tests are very colorful tonight. Ph 8.4, Ammon 2, nitrite 5+, nitrate 30.
Sooo, added 6 cc ammonia . Is that all I need to do? When will I do a PWC?

Back
Top Bottom